The Rangers have 21 games left. They are five points out of a playoff spot. They have developing young players making big contributions, and they have stars playing well. Will it be enough to make the postseason? They will need the Bruins to struggle down the stretch. They will also need to avoid losing a single game to the abysmal Sabres.
To talk everything Rangers, we bring you a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker, featuring a weekly chat with the Post’s Larry Brooks and a terrific interview with the voice of the Rangers, Sam Rosen.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron & Mollie:
- BRENDAN LEMIEUX TRADE: Colin Blackwell taking advantage of ice time with Lemieux getting traded to the Kings.
Larry Brooks Interview:
NY Post Rangers beat writer
- PLAYING TIME: Developing young players, playing veterans and how the Rangers will allocate minutes going forward.
- REPLACING LEMIEUX: Thoughts behind Lemieux trade and how to replace him.
- TRADE DEADLINE: Will the Rangers be able to trade Alexandar Georgiev and upgrade at backup goalie before the deadline?
- MAKEUP CALLS: Tim Peel’s hot mic incident and makeup calls by officials.
Sam Rosen Interview:
MSG Network Rangers play-by-play announcer
- ADAM FOX-BRIAN LEETCH COMPARISON: “Adam Fox is Brian Leetch-like.” What we have seen from him is phenomenal.
- CALLING GAMES: Wants the team to win, but also has to be a professional on the call.
- ALEXIS LAFRENIERE: It takes time to develop and he’s in a new league. Give him time.
- 1994 STANLEY CUP CALL: The most special call of his career. Takes us through the entire call and how he captured the moment.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will be released every Thursday.